Norton is a virtual private network that is used to protect your computer from any external malware. Sometimes, it may cause many problems in your system. You can not even uninstall it easily as it leaves some junk files and configurations in the system registry after uninstallation. It may take a lot of time to remove the software even if you have a proper Norton account setup. However, the company also provides Norton Removal Tool that may help you in removing the application from your system to a great extent.
Ways to Fully Uninstall Norton from Window 10
To remove the antivirus from your system, you must know the proper methods for how to uninstall Norton products. You can use any of the following methods to uninstall Norton antivirus from your system:
Method 1: Using Control Panel
You can uninstall the Norton application from your system using the Program and Features option available in Control Panel. You need to follow the steps given below to uninstall the software from your system:
- Press the Window +Q keys combination, type cp, and select Control Panel from the list of applications or press Enter.
- Click on the Programs option, then select Programs & Features.
- Now a new window will pop-up on the screen. Right Click on the Norton Products from that list and select the Uninstall option.
- Now follow all the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software from your system.
- Reboot your system and make effective changes to Uninstall Norton.
Method 2: Using the Norton Removal Tool
You can also use the Norton Removal Tool to remove the Antivirus software from the system and to solve the Norton setup not working issue. To know how to uninstall Norton using the removal tool, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Download the Norton Removal Tool from the official website of Noton.
- Run the tool via NRnR.exe from the saved location and click on the Yes button.
- Now, click Agree on the Norton Software Agreement page.
- Click on Advanced options from the Remove & Reinstall window.
- Select the Remove only option.
- Now delete each of the following files from C:\Program File location:
- Norton Internet Security,
- Norton Antivirus,
- Norton System Works,
- Norton Personal Firewalls
- At last, reboot your system and check if the Noton application has been removed or not.
There might be chances that you may face problems while deleting the the Norton application using Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool. Below given are some important culprits that may cause such issues:
- The tool might be incompatible with your operating system.
- Improper installation of the tool.
- Any virus or malware from your device can cause such issues.
In any of the cases, you can use the following methods to resolve the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool Not Working issue:
- Check your internet connection – If you have an improper internet connection, then your tool might not work properly. In such a case, check your router and network connection.
- Disable the installed firewall from your device- Sometimes, there might be issues with your firewall or the antivirus software. You can uninstall the firewall from your device if you are facing a Norton setup not working issue.
- Clean up your system of unwanted files- If you have any unnecessary and temporary files in your device that may accumulate extra space, you will face problem while deleting Norton software.
- Update device drivers: Most of the issues related to the Norton account setup can be caused due to outdated drivers. In such cases, updating the device drivers can help you to resolve the problems.
However, if you still face the same issue or cannot use the application properly, you can reinstall the Norton tool once again on your device.