A wide number of users use Netgear router, because of its reliable and effective service. Netgear users are common to encounter issues of Netgear router setup not working. This is one of the frequent issues that bothers users a lot. Any user may encounter this problem, it is performance related things that might trigger things. You can troubleshoot these things, it is not required to have any technical knowledge for that. So to help you with this issue we have listed some of the best possible methods.
Troubleshoot Netgear Router Wireless Setup issues
There are various ways to troubleshoot the issues, you just need to choose the right method for you. To do this you need to first look for the exact cause of the problem. Below we have listed the methods that are common to use and easy to complete.
Reasons to Cause the Issue
- Performance issues.
- Change in the Settings.
- Login issues.
- Internet issues.
These are some of the common issues that will cause issues in Netgear router extender setup. Now to help you with this we have listed some of the methods below.
1. Test the Internet
The first step is to check the internet connection of your system. This will help you to stop you from finding other reasons, because in most cases internet is the issue. So below are the steps that you need to use.
- Connect your computer to modem using Ethernet cable and make sure that you turn off the wireless router.
- Now restart the computer and modem as you complete the connection.
- After this try using the computer internet, if that works then it is fine and you also need to check your modem, computer, and Ethernet cable.
- At last if the test fails, you should connect to your internet service provider.
This is the basic approach that you can use to troubleshoot the issues. Check your internet connection like this and then resume your workflow. If this process doesn’t help you then you need to take another approach. Go for the soft reset of the Netgear router to resolve the issues. This method will also help to resolve the issue of Netgear router setup not working.
2. Soft Reset Netgear Router
You can go for hard and soft reset of the Netgear router whenever you want. Now for the soft reset you need to follow some of the simple steps given below.
- Now connect your computer to Netgear router and then go to your browser.
- In the search box type the default gateway and enter the web address “routerlogin.net” if this won’t help then go try entering the IP address of the Netgear router.
- Now you may be asked to enter the username and the password to login and access the services.
- The default username would be admin and the password is password. It may vary but usually it is the same.
- You can also use the default IP address to login instead of using the login credentials.
- After completing the login to your router web, go to the backup settings and select the option of “Revert to factory default settings”.
- You need to click on the “Erase” button given in front of the option. If your Netgear router will reset to factory default your issues will be resolved.
These are some of the best approaches that one can follow to resolve the issue of Netgear router wireless setup. Follow the steps and instructions to avoid any further issues. And if any issue remains then try repeating the steps to get rid of it.