Mobile health or mHealth and telehealth are the two sectors within the healthcare industry, with great prospects in the near future.
According to a report, the mHealth segment will dominate healthcare with a market share of around 40.6% by 2024. Emerging technological factors, such as artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, Big Data analytics and Internet of Medical Things are responsible for this sudden shift.
Telemedicine is an integral component for bolstering the growth and improvement of the Indian healthcare sector as a whole. Following are some ways through which this technological advancement is changing the landscape of medical care for those in need.
1. Improving access to quality healthcare services
With the ability to connect with physicians over video calls, phone calls and text messages, quality healthcare is no longer limited by an individual’s geographical location. Today, individuals residing in remote areas or villages can consult with physicians without having to step outside their homes. The ease with which one can avail the required care is possible primarily because of innovations in the field of telemedicine.
Patients do not need to book train or flight tickets to visit a doctor personally with the advent of telemedicine. Instead, they can avail such consultations from the comfort of their home. Healthcare no longer relies on whether an individual can afford the expenses of commute to and from the clinic where a doctor receives patients. This is yet another way by which mobile health is bridging the gap between doctors and care seekers.
3. Offers the elderly and disabled access to healthcare facilities
Previously, the elderly, infirm and those suffering from physical disabilities faced immense difficulties in seeking medical care. Due to their limited mobility, such individuals could rarely visit clinics or hospitals without assistance from others. However, with the advent of mobile healthcare facilities, such patients can find quality care at their fingertips. They can connect with their physicians over video calls, avoiding the need to travel for the same purpose.
4. Allows patients to make informed decisions regarding their well-being
Mobile applications today serve as digital pharmacies, where one can order medicines after uploading a doctor’s prescription. Rather than blindly opting for medication as prescribed by doctors, one can also choose to acquire the generic counterparts of such drugs. Generic medicine tends to be considerably cheaper than their branded versions. Thus, choosing the former option can help one lower his/her medical liabilities significantly. Owing to the advent of various mobile apps, Indians are becoming increasingly aware of generic drugs and their benefits.
5. Remote monitoring of one’s health condition
With some mobile applications and programs, medical care professionals can maintain a close watch on their patients at all times. For instances, one’s pulse and blood pressure readings may be transmitted online to care providers at regular intervals. Moreover, doctors can ensure compliance with the prescribed medication through such applications and telehealth options.
6. Increased productivity for medical professionals
Telemedicine allows doctors to see more patients every day. Apart from reducing waiting time, this also improves revenue generation for a clinic or hospital. Moreover, only a handful of physicians can handle a majority of patients who come in for consultations at hospitals and nursing homes, leaving other members free to deal with admitted individuals.
Further, with the advent of health EMI cards, seeking mobile healthcare has become affordable as well. For instance, a Bajaj Finserv Digital Health EMI Network Card is a viable financial solution for all your healthcare needs, digital or otherwise. Individuals availing such a product can utilize several of its benefits and features.
How does a health card benefit you?
A digital health card is equipped with several beneficial features. If you plan to opt for one, here is all you must know –
- One card for a whole family – Each card can cover medical expenses for not just the cardholder but also his/her family members, such as parents, siblings, spouse and children.
- EMI facility – Medical bills amounting up to Rs.4 lakh can be converted into hassle-free monthly instalments, easing repayment considerably.
- Network outlets galore – Cardholders can choose from more than 5500+ partner outlets in more than 1000 Indian cities.
- Flexibility of repayment term – One can choose to service the EMIs for a period extending between 3 and 24 months.
- Financial support for a wide range of medical procedures – The card in question provides financial assistance to cover more than 800 essential and non-essential procedures.
- Discounts at network outlets – If you avail healthcare services from select partner outlets, you can take advantage of discounts, cashbacks and other benefits.
- Nominal fees – You can avail these benefits by paying only Rs.707 for insta cards and Rs.589 for non-insta cards.
Apply for a health card online if you are interested in availing of such benefits. Such a card can fulfill your telemedicine expenses, along with all other healthcare-related financial liabilities.