Online reputation management is a prime requisite for every business running online. Every customer-centric business should invest in online reputation management to generate huge sales, gain customer loyalty, build engagement, and spread brand awareness.
Now the question is – how good are you in performing the ORM task?
Some smart marketers prefer hiring the best reputation management company and outsource their job. While some prefer to monitor the web, reviews, and other marketing essentials all by themselves.
Here in this article, we have listed down a few big mistakes that marketers usually make while managing their brand reputation online. Have a look at them and figure out whether you are having the same flaws or not.
5 Common mistakes that you may make in your online reputation management
- Paying more attention to negative reviews: We understand that negative reviews affect business a lot. And it is indeed very necessary to take this seriously. You can even use different review monitoring tools to push back the negative reviews and monitor them carefully. But that doesn’t mean you should spend maximum time with these reviews only.
Other than negative reviews, you also have to take care of your positive reviews, brand mentions, social activity, customers’ insights, competitors’ data, trending approaches, marketing strategies, and much more. While paying more attention to your negative reviews and keeping other tasks for the future, you are certainly making one big mistake.
- Generating fake reviews: It might be difficult to generate more positive reviews from the customers. There might be a situation when you get more negative reviews than positive ones. But this doesn’t imply you should encourage more fake reviews for your brand. This deteriorates brand image and builds a high chance for the brand to lose its position.
Why so? Many online tools have the power to determine whether the reviews are fake or authentic. If by any case, you are caught in this, the future for your brand will be “exceptionally bright”. We guess you have understood what we are trying to say.
Generating fake reviews is not a great idea for building brand reputation. Instead, encourage your customers to share their feedback and improve your mistakes.
- Requesting feedback only after purchase: Marketers tend to request customers about the feedback only after their purchase. Why? Don’t you want to know whether your visitors are finding your site friendly or not?
Requesting feedback after purchase is necessary. But it is also imperative to learn whether your visitors are having a good experience or not. The number of visitors always surpasses the number of customers. And so, it is better if you take the leverage.
Address your visitors and ask about their user-experience, the products showcased, and the services offered. You can even clarify their needs, learn their interests, and have a better idea about the pricing rates they prefer. This create a huge impact on business reputation.
- Late respond to the social comments or customer feedback: Buyers usually prefer to go through the reviews generated on different sites. This can be either Google reviews, social media reviews, or Yellow Pages. Besides reviews, customers are also allowed to share their feedback and comment on social media posts.
To stay connected with the customers and to create a strong customer-business relationship, you must respond to them in no time. Usually, you make mistake either by ignoring the comments or taking too long to respond. In this way, either you lose your customer’s loyalty or you stimulate them to look for other alternatives.
Use Google Alerts or Social Mention or any other tools that can notify users about social comments, mentions, and feedback and allow them to reply immediately.
- Being inconsistent: How active are you on social media? Do you prefer to come online after days? Maybe you have scheduled yourself as once in a month or weekly, is it so?
Being consistent on social media is very important when you are thinking about online reputation. It improves the visibility of the brand across a wide audience and creates a strong digital presence.
To create a good fan base and to generate more new followers and subscribers, you should remain active on social platforms. To show your consistency, you can share your brand images, brand-related videos, blogs, or other write-ups, create a live chat, throw a referral program, launch a campaign, run ads, and much more.
The Bottom Line
Online reputation management services cost lower than your expectation. It’s not at all expensive like PPC marketing and other marketing services. Rather it comes with numerous benefits which in turn improve the business health and its ROI.
Get in touch with the ORM experts and let their efficiency reflect on your business. But make sure you don’t ignore the mistakes mentioned above to avoid the damage to your online reputation. Note the mistakes for better understanding.